Earache and Sore Throat Home Remedies
Earache and sore throat at the same time can really bring discomfort. When a person is infected with sore throat and earache at the same time, it may signify that either the ear or the throat is infected and the infection may spread to another. This may occur because the sore throat and the ears are inter connected through the Eustachian tube. This is the reason why when the throat is infected, the ears may also get affected.
There are several factors, which may affect sore throat and earache. Some of these factors are pollution, swollen glands, microbial infections and allergies.
Symptoms of Earache and Sore Throat
Ear infections in children and adults are the same and may happen when an infection occurs to any interconnecting organs like nose or throat. Some of the signs and symptoms of each ache and sore throat are:
- Lymph nodes are inflamed
- Continuous fever that exceeds 3 days
- Rash and pus are found on tonsils area
- Neck and back are stiff
- Mouth ulcers
- Blood is found in saliva
- May feel discomfort while swallowing that exceeds 3 days
Home Remedies for Earache and Sore Throat
Earache and sore throat can be treated with some home remedies. Some of home remedies that may treat the symptoms and the infection are:
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water
- Gargle with mixture of turmeric and warm water
- Drink paracetamol or ibuprofen
- For strep throat, taking antibiotics may help
- Do not smoke
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Do not eat severe cold or hot food
- Taking throat lozenges may sooth the sore throat
- Place a warm towel in the affected ear may reduce the discomfort of ear pain and sore throat.
Remember, your sore throat may result to ear pain but any ear pain caused by other reasons may not result to sore throat.