A Comprehensive List of Easy to Digest Foods
There are several reasons you may need to eat only Easy to digest foods. If you have been sick with diarrhea or have been vomiting, your doctor may have recommended it. You may suffer with indigestion or heartburn and be looking for a diet that will offer you some relief. Let us look at some foods to eat and some to avoid when you are looking to eat a diet that is easy to digest.
Foods to Avoid
Fiber, although recommended for a normal diet, is one of the hardest foods for our bodies to digest. Under normal circumstances, this helps to clean out our systems and break down any fatty deposits. Foods high in fat are also hard for the body to digest and will sit in the stomach. Fat and high-fiber foods should be avoided.
Avoid eating foods high in sugars, those that are overly spicy or too greasy. These foods can cause digestion issues even on good days. Other items that to avoid include drinks that are high in caffeine such as tea, coffee, and cola along with high acid foods including tomatoes.
Foods to Include
Easy to digest foods include those that foods that are mild. You should also choose foods that are soft, not overly chewy. This helps to ensure that your body will be able to break the food down as easily as possible.
Some suggestions include the following:
- White bread
- Cantaloupe and other melon including watermelon and honeydew melon
- Mashed potatoes
- Vegetables including carrots, squash, mushrooms and zucchini
- Scrambled eggs
- Substitutes for Vegetable Oil
- The Role of Alcohol in Sweating
- Fleshy Fruit Types are good for you
- Pārtikas produkti, kas Burn vēders Tauki
- What You Should Know About the Gallbladder Diet
- Five Factors that Affect Alcohol in your Body
- Cik kalorijas Strawberry?
- How to Substitute Red Wine Vinegar in the Kitchen